Tamil Dictionary definitions for Vote
Vote : வாக்கு அளி, ஓட்டுப் போடு
Vote : ஓட்டுப் போடு,வாக்கு அளி,வாக்கு அளி,ஓட்டுப் போடு,வாக்குரிமை
- An ardent wish or desire; a vow; a prayer.
- A wish, choice, or opinion, of a person or a body of persons, expressed in some received and authorized way; the expression of a wish, desire, will, preference, or choice, in regard to any measure proposed, in which the person voting has an interest in common with others, either in electing a person to office, or in passing laws, rules, regulations, etc.; suffrage.
- That by means of which will or preference is expressed in elections, or in deciding propositions; voice; a ballot; a ticket; as, a written vote.
- Expression of judgment or will by a majority; legal decision by some expression of the minds of a number; as, the vote was unanimous; a vote of confidence.
- Votes, collectively; as, the Tory vote; the labor vote.
Intransitive verb. To express or signify the mind, will, or preference, either viva voce, or by ballot, or by other authorized means, as in electing persons to office, in passing laws, regulations, etc., or in deciding on any proposition in which one has an interest with others.
- To choose by suffrage; to elec/; as, to vote a candidate into office.
- To enact, establish, grant, determine, etc., by a formal vote; as, the legislature voted the resolution.
- To declare by general opinion or common consent, as if by a vote; as, he was voted a bore.
- To condemn; to devote; to doom.