Tamil Dictionary definitions for Toss
Toss : சுண்டி எறி
- To throw with the hand; especially, to throw with the palm of the hand upward, or to throw upward; as, to toss a ball.
- To lift or throw up with a sudden or violent motion; as, to toss the head.
- To cause to rise and fall; as, a ship tossed on the waves in a storm.
- To agitate; to make restless.
- Hence, to try; to harass.
- To keep in play; to tumble over; as, to spend four years in tossing the rules of grammar.
- To roll and tumble; to be in violent commotion; to write; to fling.
- To be tossed, as a fleet on the ocean.
- A throwing upward, or with a jerk; the act of tossing; as, the toss of a ball.
- A throwing up of the head; a particular manner of raising the head with a jerk.