Tamil Dictionary definitions for Tip
Tip : கொசுறுதல்
Tip : கொசுறு,கொசுறுதல்,முனை
- The point or extremity of anything; a pointed or somewhat sharply rounded end; the end; as, the tip of the finger; the tip of a spear.
- An end piece or part; a piece, as a cap, nozzle, ferrule, or point, applied to the extreme end of anything; as, a tip for an umbrella, a shoe, a gas burner, etc.
- A piece of stiffened lining pasted on the inside of a hat crown.
- A thin, boarded brush made of camel's hair, used by gilders in lifting gold leaf.
- Rubbish thrown from a quarry.
- A light touch or blow; a tap.
- A gift; a douceur; a fee.
- A hint, or secret intimation, as to the chances in a horse race, or the like.
- To form a point upon; to cover the tip, top, or end of; as, to tip anything with gold or silver.
- To strike slightly; to tap.
- To bestow a gift, or douceur, upon; to give a present to; as, to tip a servant.
- To lower one end of, or to throw upon the end; to tilt; as, to tip a cask; to tip a cart.
Intransitive verb. To fall on, or incline to, one side.