Tamil Dictionary definitions for Tie
Tie : கட்டு
Tie : கட்டு,முடி
- A knot; a fastening.
- A bond; an obligation, moral or legal; as, the sacred ties of friendship or of duty; the ties of allegiance.
- A knot of hair, as at the back of a wig.
- An equality in numbers, as of votes, scores, etc., which prevents either party from being victorious; equality in any contest, as a race.
- A beam or rod for holding two parts together; in railways, one of the transverse timbers which support the track and keep it in place.
- A line, usually straight, drawn across the stems of notes, or a curved line written over or under the notes, signifying that they are to be slurred, or closely united in the performance, or that two notes of the same pitch are to be sounded as one; a bind; a ligature.
- Low shoes fastened with lacings.
- To fasten with a band or cord and knot; to bind.
- To form, as a knot, by interlacing or complicating a cord; also, to interlace, or form a knot in; as, to tie a cord to a tree; to knit; to knot.
- To unite firmly; to fasten; to hold.
- To hold or constrain by authority or moral influence, as by knotted cords; to oblige; to constrain; to restrain; to confine.
- To unite, as notes, by a cross line, or by a curved line, or slur, drawn over or under them.
- To make an equal score with, in a contest; to be even with.
Intransitive verb. To make a tie; to make an equal score.