Tamil Dictionary definitions for Spot
Spot : புள்ளி
Spot : புள்ளி
- A mark on a substance or body made by foreign matter; a blot; a place discolored.
- A stain on character or reputation; something that soils purity; disgrace; reproach; fault; blemish.
- A small part of a different color from the main part, or from the ground upon which it is; as, the spots of a leopard; the spots on a playing card.
- A small extent of space; a place; any particular place.
- A variety of the common domestic pigeon, so called from a spot on its head just above its beak.
- A sciaenoid food fish (Liostomus xanthurus) of the Atlantic coast of the United States. It has a black spot behind the shoulders and fifteen oblique dark bars on the sides. Called also goody, Lafayette, masooka, and old wife.
- The southern redfish, or red horse, which has a spot on each side at the base of the tail. See Redfish.
- Commodities, as merchandise and cotton, sold for immediate delivery.
- To make visible marks upon with some foreign matter; to discolor in or with spots; to stain; to cover with spots or figures; as, to spot a garnment; to spot paper.
- To mark or note so as to insure recognition; to recognize; to detect; as, to spot a criminal.
- To stain; to blemish; to taint; to disgrace; to tarnish, as reputation; to asperse.
Intransitive verb. To become stained with spots.