Tamil Dictionary definitions for Spit
Spit : துப்பு, உமிழ்
Spit : துப்பு
- A long, slender, pointed rod, usually of iron, for holding meat while roasting.
- A small point of land running into the sea, or a long, narrow shoal extending from the shore into the sea; as, a spit of sand.
- The depth to which a spade goes in digging; a spade; a spadeful.
- To thrust a spit through; to fix upon a spit; hence, to thrust through or impale; as, to spit a loin of veal.
- To spade; to dig.
- To eject from the mouth; to throw out, as saliva or other matter, from the mouth.
- To eject; to throw out; to belch.
- The secretion formed by the glands of the mouth; spitle; saliva; sputum.
- To attend to a spit; to use a spit.
- To throw out saliva from the mouth.
- To rain or snow slightly, or with sprinkles.