Tamil Dictionary definitions for Sort
Sort : வரிசை செய், ஒழுங்கு செய்
Sort : வகை,வரிசையாக்கு
- Chance; lot; destiny.
- A kind or species; any number or collection of individual persons or things characterized by the same or like qualities; a class or order; as, a sort of men; a sort of horses; a sort of trees; a sort of poems.
- Manner; form of being or acting.
- Condition above the vulgar; rank.
- A chance group; a company of persons who happen to be together; a troop; also, an assemblage of animals.
- A pair; a set; a suit.
- Letters, figures, points, marks, spaces, or quadrats, belonging to a case, separately considered.
- To separate, and place in distinct classes or divisions, as things having different qualities; as, to sort cloths according to their colors; to sort wool or thread according to its fineness.
- To reduce to order from a confused state.
- To conjoin; to put together in distribution; to class.
- To choose from a number; to select; to cull.
- To conform; to adapt; to accommodate.
- To join or associate with others, Especially. with others of the same kind or species; to agree.
- To suit; to fit; to be in accord; to harmonize.