Tamil Dictionary definitions for Sore
Sore : புண்
- Reddish brown; sorrel.
- A young hawk or falcon in the first year.
- A young buck in the fourth year. See the Note under Buck.
- Tender to the touch; susceptible of pain from pressure; inflamed; painful; -- said of the body or its parts; as, a sore hand.
- Fig.: Sensitive; tender; easily pained, grieved, or vexed; very susceptible of irritation.
- Severe; afflictive; distressing; as, a sore disease; sore evil or calamity.
- Criminal; wrong; evil.
- A place in an animal body where the skin and flesh are ruptured or bruised, so as to be tender or painful; a painful or diseased place, such as an ulcer or a boil.
- Fig.: Grief; affliction; trouble; difficulty.
- In a sore manner; with pain; grievously.
- Greatly; violently; deeply.