Tamil Dictionary definitions for Node
Node : முடிச்சு
Node : கணு,கணு,முனையம்,முடிச்சு,முனையம்
- A knot, a knob; a protuberance; a swelling.
- One of the two points where the orbit of a planet, or comet, intersects the ecliptic, or the orbit of a satellite intersects the plane of the orbit of its primary.
- The joint of a stem, or the part where a leaf or several leaves are inserted.
- A hole in the gnomon of a dial, through which passes the ray of light which marks the hour of the day, the parallels of the sun's declination, his place in the ecliptic, etc.
- The point at which a curve crosses itself, being a double point of the curve. See Crunode, and Acnode.
- The point at which the lines of a funicular machine meet from different angular directions; -- called also knot.
- The knot, intrigue, or plot of a piece.
- A hard concretion or incrustation which forms upon bones attacked with rheumatism, gout, or syphilis; sometimes also, a swelling in the neighborhood of a joint.
- One of the fixed points of a sonorous string, when it vibrates by aliquot parts, and produces the harmonic tones; nodal line or point.
- A swelling.