Tamil Dictionary definitions for Kick
Kick : உதை
Kick : உதை,உதை,கிளர்ச்சி,உதைக்க,கிளர்ச்சி
Transitive verb. To strike, thrust, or hit violently with the foot; as, a horse kicks a groom; a man kicks a dog.
- To thrust out the foot or feet with violence; to strike out with the foot or feet, as in defense or in bad temper; Especially., to strike backward, as a horse does, or to have a habit of doing so. Hence, figuratively: To show ugly resistance, opposition, or hostility; to spurn.
- To recoil; -- said of a musket, cannon, etc.
- A blow with the foot or feet; a striking or thrust with the foot.
- The projection on the tang of the blade of a pocket knife, which prevents the edge of the blade from striking the spring. See Illust. of Pocketknife.
- A projection in a mold, to form a depression in the surface of the brick.
- The recoil of a musket or other firearm, when discharged.