Tamil Dictionary definitions for Jerk
Jerk : (புகையிரதம்) குலுக்கல்
Jerk : (புகையிரதம்) குலுக்கல்,திடீரென இழுத்தல்
- To cut into long slices or strips and dry in the sun; as, jerk beef. See Charqui.
- To beat; to strike.
- To give a quick and suddenly arrested thrust, push, pull, or twist, to; to yerk; as, to jerk one with the elbow; to jerk a coat off.
- To throw with a quick and suddenly arrested motion of the hand; as, to jerk a stone.
- To make a sudden motion; to move with a start, or by starts.
- To flout with contempt.
- A short, sudden pull, thrust, push, twitch, jolt, shake, or similar motion.
- A sudden start or spring.