Tamil Dictionary definitions for Gem
Gem : மதிப்புமிக்க
Gem : மதிப்புமிக்க,மாணிக்கம்
- A bud.
- A precious stone of any kind, as the ruby, emerald, topaz, sapphire, beryl, spinel, etc., especially when cut and polished for ornament; a jewel.
- Anything of small size, or expressed within brief limits, which is regarded as a gem on account of its beauty or value, as a small picture, a verse of poetry, a witty or wise saying.
- To put forth in the form of buds.
- To adorn with gems or precious stones.
- To embellish or adorn, as with gems; as, a foliage gemmed with dewdrops.