Tamil Dictionary definitions for Eye
Eye : கண், விழி
Eye : கண்,கண்,விழி,விழி
Eye : கண்
- A brood; as, an eye of pheasants.
- The organ of sight or visioNoun. In man, and the vertebrates generally, it is properly the movable ball or globe in the orbit, but the term often includes the adjacent parts. In most invertebrates the years are immovable ocelli, or compound eyes made up of numerous ocelli. See Ocellus.
- The faculty of seeing; power or range of vision; hence, judgment or taste in the use of the eye, and in judging of objects; as, to have the eye of sailor; an eye for the beautiful or picturesque.
- The action of the organ of sight; sight, look; view; ocular knowledge; judgment; opinion.
- The space commanded by the organ of sight; scope of vision; hence, face; front; the presence of an object which is directly opposed or confronted; immediate presence.
- Observation; oversight; watch; inspection; notice; attention; regard.
- That which resembles the organ of sight, in form, position, or appearance
- The spots on a feather, as of peacock.
- The scar to which the adductor muscle is attached in oysters and other bivalve shells; also, the adductor muscle itself, Especially. when used as food, as in the scallop.
- The bud or sprout of a plant or tuber; as the eye of a potato.
- The center of a target; the bull's-eye.
- A small loop to receive a hook; as hooks and eyes on a dress.
- The hole through the head of a needle.
- A loop forming part of anything, or a hole through anything, to receive a rope, hook, pin, shaft, etc.; as an eye at the end of a tie bar in a bridge truss; as an eye through a crank; an eye at the end of rope.
- The hole through the upper millstone.
- That which resembles the eye in relative importance or beauty.
- Tinge; shade of color.
Transitive verb. To fix the eye on; to look on; to view; to observe; particularly, to observe or watch narrowly, or with fixed attention; to hold in view.
Intransitive verb. To appear; to look.