Tamil Dictionary definitions for Dip
Dip : பதனம்,சாய்வு, அமிழ்த்து தொட்டி
Dip : முக்கு,முக்கு,மூழ்கி,மூழ்கு.,மூழ்கி,மூழ்கு.,மூழ்க்கு
- To plunge or immerse; especially, to put for a moment into a liquid; to insert into a fluid and withdraw again.
- To immerse for baptism; to baptize by immersion.
- To wet, as if by immersing; to moisten.
- To plunge or engage thoroughly in any affair.
- To take out, by dipping a dipper, ladle, or other receptacle, into a fluid and removing a part; -- often with out; as, to dip water from a boiler; to dip out water.
- To engage as a pledge; to mortgage.
- To immerse one's self; to become plunged in a liquid; to sink.
- To perform the action of plunging some receptacle, as a dipper, ladle. etc.; into a liquid or a soft substance and removing a part.
- To pierce; to penetrate; -- followed by in or into.
- To enter slightly or cursorily; to engage one's self desultorily or by the way; to partake limitedly; -- followed by in or into.
- To incline downward from the plane of the horizon; as, strata of rock dip.
- To dip snuff.
- The action of dipping or plunging for a moment into a liquid.
- Inclination downward; direction below a horizontal line; slope; pitch.
- A liquid, as a sauce or gravy, served at table with a ladle or spoon.
- A dipped candle.