Tamil Dictionary definitions for As
As : அப்படியே; மாதிரி
As : அப்படியே,அப்படியே;மாதிரி,என,மாதிரி
Adverb. & conj.
- Denoting equality or likeness in kind, degree, or manner; like; similar to; in the same manner with or in which; in accordance with; in proportion to; to the extent or degree in which or to which; equally; no less than; as, ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil; you will reap as you sow; do as you are bidden.
- In the idea, character, or condition of, -- limiting the view to certain attributes or relations; as, virtue considered as virtue; this actor will appear as Hamlet.
- While; during or at the same time that; when; as, he trembled as he spoke.
- Because; since; it being the case that.
- Expressing concessioNoun. (Often approaching though in meaning).
- That, introducing or expressing a result or consequence, after the correlatives so and such.
- As if; as though.
- For instance; by way of example; thus; -- used to introduce illustrative phrases, sentences, or citations.
- Expressing a wish.
- An ace.
- A Roman weight, answering to the libra or pound, equal to nearly eleven ounces Troy weight. It was divided into twelve ounces.
- A Roman copper coin, originally of a pound weight (12 oz.); but reduced, after the first Punic war, to two ounces; in the second Punic war, to one ounce; and afterwards to half an ounce.