Tamil Dictionary definitions for Some
Some : சில
Some : கொஞ்சம்,கொஞ்சம்,சில,சில
- Consisting of a greater or less portion or sum; composed of a quantity or number which is not stated; -- used to express an indefinite quantity or number; as, some wine; some water; some persons. Used also pronominally; as, I have some.
- A certain; one; -- indicating a person, thing, event, etc., as not known individually, or designated more specifically; as, some man, that is, some one man.
- Not much; a little; moderate; as, the censure was to some extent just.
- About; near; more or less; -- used commonly with numerals, but formerly also with a singular substantive of time or distance; as, a village of some eighty houses; some two or three persons; some hour hence.
- Considerable in number or quality.
- Certain; those of one part or portion; -- in distinct from other or others; as, some men believe one thing, and others another.
- A part; a portion; -- used pronominally, and followed sometimes by of; as, some of our provisions.